Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tomorrow is my emancipation day

As of  Thursday:

At first I was being completely patient, not in a hurry to leave the hospital, but after 10 days here, I am desperately longing for a taste of real life. I want to breathe fresh air, don't care how cold, want to eat good food, no matter that it won't be in the quantities I'm accustomed to. Today I have ordered from the unrestricted menu (muffin and raspberry tea for breakfast, chicken pot pie and mac and cheese for lunch, all delicious).


I'm liberated from iv pole, able to walk more easily, even walked a friend down to the lobby on his way out to show him the beautiful aquarium. Tonight the doctor has given orders that I am not to be interrupted for taking vital signs and getting blood drawn, he said a good night's sleep, which I desperately need, is more important. I'll be staying with my good friends, Lenny and Ellen, near Annapolis, Maryland, through the weekend, then going home to prepare to come right back here to start chemo.

No comments: